Finally, it occurred to me: The blogging- and writing-related ones can go right here!
Sometimes I do whole posts on articles that have been particularly helpful as a tutorial, but other times I've just enjoyed reading and learning from a post when I don't have anything specific to blog about in response (or not yet, anyway). So here's my chance to give a plug to those excellent articles I come across!
- "Being a professional blogger and respecting others" from I Like It Frantic: On how to deal professionally both with other bloggers and with PR reps. I've seen some questionable behavior out there in blogland recently, and I hope we can all learn from people like Holly to be mature and think before we speak something mean about another person or company. What I'd really like to see more of is people talking to bloggers or PR reps in private when there's a problem with them (or their company) rather than automatically resorting to public name-calling.
- "Blog Ego Armour (Why You Need It and How to Get It)" at How to Make My Blog, which is a guest post by Zoey of Good Goog: I seriously had never thought of sending out a bunch of guest posts as a strategy, but it's a great idea. Regardless of whether it's guest posts or manuscript submissions or agent queries, the writer's life is fraught with rejection. Here's a good way to bolster your own self-confidence so you can stick through all the nos and concentrate on the yeses!
- Hey, look, I have my own contributor's page on InkyGirl! For some reason, this amuses me. You know what else amuses me? Comics like this one.
- "Thoughts for a beginning biblio-blogger" from Common Places: Advice on the nitty-gritty of book blogging, from organizing books for review to finding books for free to channeling the oomph necessary to write, along with many helpful site recommendations to make the process easier
- "Dealing with Unpredictable Cash Flow" from Strocel.com: Great tips for dealing with a freelance or self-employed life
- "The 5 Big Hurdles Facing Bloggers On The Path To Revenue" from David Risley dot com: Point #1 especially. Shiny...
- "Printable CSS 3 Cheat Sheet" from Blogging with Amy: CSS hates me, and the feeling is mutual. I really should give myself a crash course through these links so I don't get so frustrated with my template.
- "How I Monetize My Blog (so far)" from Blogging with Amy: I love honesty about numbers!
- "How to Make the Most of Follow Friday" from carrie actually: #ff overwhelms me (so many lovely Twitterers to choose from!) so I usually enjoy being #ff'ed but skip out on passing along the love. I like this commonsense approach.
- "Blogging Basics: How to Get More Comments for Your Contests" from 3 Boys And A Dog: If you host giveaways, here are some tips. I thought it was an especially good idea to make an email list of people accepting email submissions for listings.
Let me know if you have any favorite posts or blogs to share! (Yes, it can be your own.) I'm always looking for good writers who blog about blogging or writing, either to subscribe to a feed or to follow on Twitter.
Thanks for the great articles, everyone, & happy reading!